Fruit Salad with Citrus Sauce
The sauce in this salad coats the fruit nicely and lets its fresh flavors shine through.—Marcelene Sapp, Finley, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 medium red apples, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the apples, bananas, grapes and pineapple; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add the water, orange juice and lemon juice; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Pour over fruit; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 128 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Fresh Fruit Salad in Country Woman May/June 2003
Jun 1, 2010
Quick, tasty, and easy to make. My family loves this recipe and often asks to have it on hand all the time.
Jul 11, 2009
I recommend not adding the bananas until right before serving. They turned brown after just one hour. But a very tasty salad!