Fruit Salad Sunburst
A plate of colorful fruits also took on a fresh look for my sunflower theme. This "floral" arrangement has a light pineapple dressing that I like a lot. Even my younger brother said it was "pretty good"! —Holly Joyce Jackson, Minnesota
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 to 3 kiwifruit
- 1 pint blueberries
- 3 medium firm bananas, halved widthwise and lengthwise
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced and quartered
- 3 large strawberries, quartered
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and pineapple juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Cool.
- 2. Cut the end off one kiwi; place cut side down in the center of a large round platter. Place blueberries evenly around kiwi. Cut remaining kiwi into 1/8-in. slices; place around edge of plate.
- 3. Place bananas in a spoke pattern over blueberries. Arrange oranges over bananas and around center kiwi, overlapping slightly. Place strawberries between bananas. Drizzle with pineapple dressing.
1 cup: 132 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 17, 2011
after bananas are peeled and sliced, how do you keep them from turning dark and for how long?
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC