Fruit Salad Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips Recipe
5 1 1
Salsa with strawberries, blueberries and nectarines makes a refreshing side dish. We scoop it up using tortilla chips sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. —Adan Franco, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Recommended: 55+ Sweet and Savory Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium apples, finely chopped
- 2 medium nectarines or peaches, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Oil for frying
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Refrigerate until serving.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry chips, several at a time, 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer chips to a large bowl; sprinkle with sugar mixture and gently toss to coat. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 cups salsa (80 chips).
Originally published as Fruit Salad Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips in Taste of Home April/May 2016, p37
Reviews forFruit Salad Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2016
"Made this over Memorial day weekend using granny smith apples and nectarines. My husband and I could not stop eating it. It was great!"