- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- 1 to 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving juices in a 2-cup measuring cup; set fruit aside. Add enough water to juices to measure 1-1/2 cups. In a saucepan, whisk the juices and pudding mix. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Fold in the strawberries, cherries and reserved pineapple and oranges. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, fold in bananas.
Reviews forFruit Salad Pudding
"One of the ladies brought this to a pot luck at church, and everyone went wild over it. er's was a tad different. Sghe used canned mixed tropical fruit, packed in fruit juice, not syrup. and as soon as the pudding was thick enough, she poured it over sliced bananas,tossed gently and added them to the salad. Pouring the hot pudding over the bananas kept them from turning dark, and sfter 2 days in the fridge, the bananas still had not broken down. Adding the banana slices seemed to set and preserve them.You can try other combinations of fruits too. This is really a wonderful recipe."
"I do exactly the same recipe, except I mix instant french vanilla pudding with the juices an then fold in all the fruit."