Fruit-Packed Gelatin Salad
A rich creamy layer makes this fruity gelatin stand out from the rest. "I always get comments as well as requests for the recipe," comments Linda Kaufman of Columbus, Ohio. Loaded with berry, pineapple and banana flavors, it is perfect for potlucks.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and cut in half
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the strawberries, pineapple and bananas. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until partially set.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream until blended. Carefully spread over gelatin mixture. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Just before serving, sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 142 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Strawberry Jello Salad in Light & Tasty April/May 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.