Fruit-Nut Pumpkin Bread
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each) and 1 cup spread
- 2-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- CRANBERRY CREAM CHEESE SPREAD:
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, pumpkin, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Fold in the walnuts, raisins and cranberries.
- Transfer to two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- For spread, place cranberries in a small bowl; add boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes; drain. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cranberries and walnuts until blended. Serve with bread.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 386 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2012
This is excellent!
Jul 23, 2011
I've been making this bread for a couple of years now. I always load it up with everything listed because we love it that way. During the holidays I make multiple loaves and give as gifts to friends and family....it's become a requested item. Freezes well so you can make ahead and always have some on hand. During the fall months I always buy extra cans of the solid-pack pumpkin so I can make this delicous bread all year round.
Mar 13, 2011
This bread is my favorite, although I changed a couple of things. In every bread I bake, I substitute the oil for applesauce and use about half the sugar. Yummy!
Dec 19, 2010
Excellent recipe. I added dried cranberrys in place of the golden raisins.
Oct 30, 2010
I made it exactly as the recipe stated and it was perfect. This recipe is a keeper.
Nov 25, 2009
I baked this last year and it was undone in the center. This year I made it in 3 pans and baked same time and it was done completely and fantastic
Nov 20, 2009
I have made different variations of this bread, using combinations of various fruits (apples, dried apples, raisins, golden raisins, cranberries, dried cranberries, chocolate covered raisins), nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts), orange peel, lemon peel, and even chocolate chips. It is always a big hit with everyone!
Nov 16, 2009
I made this recipe for myself & hubby. We ate one loaf. It is so delicious. I am saving the other loaf for Thanksgiving! Thanks!
Oct 20, 2008
I have been looking for a pumpkin bread recipe to make as gifts for friends this Christmas. I tried this one and can't believe how good it is. And my husband and daughter love it too. It has the perfect combination of flavors. Too good to keep a loaf at home because I'll eat it all!
Oct 8, 2008
I took this to our local fair and got a blue ribbon! It is moist and the cranberries, raisins and walnuts add so much flavor.