Fruit & Nut Cereal Bars
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 8 cups cornflakes
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, chopped
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows
- In a large bowl, combine the cornflakes, apricots, peanuts, dates, coconut and sesame seeds. In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter and marshmallows; stir until smooth. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Cool. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 283 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 19, 2011
These are amazing! I've made them so many times, sometimes I mix it up and use sunflower kernels instead of peanuts, and add dried cranberries, dried pineapple, or dried berries!
Oct 25, 2011
This is a really easy, good reccipe. Took it into work and it was well received. I think next time I will try something different than dates - it's just a personal preferrence; I'm not much for dates. Will definitely make again.
Oct 5, 2011
These are so good and you can add any dried fruit to it to make it yours. I think you need to push down on the cereal when putting it in the 9x13 pan to have it stick together better, makes it easier to eat in a bar shape.
Jul 1, 2011
Just made these today and they are excellent! Would make a great snack to pack for picnics, hikes or camping. Or even bring to a potluck or brunch. I did make a few changes/substitutions. I replaced the apricots with dried cranberries, and as for the coconut and sesame seeds I toasted them separately before adding to the mixture. They are quite sweet so when melting the marshmallows and butter I added a pinch of salt. Made these for our 4 hour early morning flight on Sunday and can't wait to surprise everyone with this tasty treat :)