Fruit ‘n’ Spinach Salad
A hint of ginger in the dressing accents this delightful salad from field editor Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 4 cups whole strawberries, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- GINGER SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Arrange spinach and fruit on salad plates. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salads.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 189 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Spinach Salad in Taste of Home August/September 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.