Fruit ‘n’ Oat Yogurt
This combination of yogurt, oats, fruit and nuts is a delicious alternative to standard oatmeal. "After sampling this yummy breakfast treat at my sister's, I had to have the recipe," says Susanne Melton of Mission Viejo, California. "It's healthy, quick to make—and tastes so good
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (16 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, oats, pineapple and almonds; cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve with sliced bananas.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 370 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Fruit 'N' Oat Yogurt in Light & Tasty August/September 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.