Fruit ‘n’ Nut Trail Mix
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup cashew halves
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups assorted bite-size dried fruit (raisins, apricots, dates, apples, bananas)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, lightly toast sunflower kernels in butter; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, lightly toast oats in oil. Add the sunflower kernels, cashews, almonds and sesame seeds.
- Combine the brown sugar, honey and cinnamon; add to oat mixture. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Spread in two ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Stir in dried fruit. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 428 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Sep 3, 2016
Easy and excellent. Made it for a bar-b-que tonight and everyone loved it. I did not use the oil with the oats. I had extra butter from the sunflower seeds and used that. Excellent!!!
Apr 19, 2012
First time making it and it turned out great. I did double the honey mixture and added a few different ingredients.Very easy and yummy
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.