Fruit ‘n’ Nut Spread
Go ahead...spread on Caralyn Berigan's toast topper a little thick. "I adapted it from a higher-calorie spread without losing its fruity flavor," she reports from Golden, Colorado. "It's excellent on bagels, whole wheat toast and muffins."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup Daisy fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, lemon juice and allspice; cover and process until smooth. Stir in fruit and nuts.