Fruit ‘n’ Nut Granola
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, milk powder, fruit, walnuts, wheat germ and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring brown sugar and water to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in oil and vanilla until mixed. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat. Pour into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 275° for 35-45 minutes. Stir in raisins. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2015
Great recipe! Reminds me of my time in Switzerland when I ate “muesli” everyday. I was having a hard time finding high quality local fruit and nuts until I found Bella Viva Orchards. They even pre-dice some of their best dried fruit!http://www.bellaviva.com/
Mar 18, 2012
I have made this recipe several times, it is just a darn tasty recipe!
Nov 30, 2009
This is really easy - and fun - to make. Everyone I have served it to loves it!
Oct 15, 2009
I also went to the cooking school where they made this granola and it says to bake for 1 1/2-2 hours and I completey burnt up my first batch. I now bake for only 1 hour although I think 45 min. should be plenty.
Apr 2, 2009
Note: This was shown in the Spring Cooking School and the time was 1 1/2 hours which burned the granola. I think the time listed here is the correct time and perhaps it would be good to stir a few times in the oven.