Fruit ‘n’ Nut Granola
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup chopped dried mixed fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, milk powder, fruit, walnuts, wheat germ and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring brown sugar and water to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in oil and vanilla until mixed. Pour over oat mixture and toss to coat. Pour into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 275° for 35-45 minutes. Stir in raisins. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.
Oct 8, 2015
Great recipe! Reminds me of my time in Switzerland when I ate “muesli” everyday. I was having a hard time finding high quality local fruit and nuts until I found Bella Viva Orchards. They even pre-dice some of their best dried fruit!http://www.bellaviva.com/
Mar 18, 2012
I have made this recipe several times, it is just a darn tasty recipe!
Nov 30, 2009
This is really easy - and fun - to make. Everyone I have served it to loves it!
Oct 15, 2009
I also went to the cooking school where they made this granola and it says to bake for 1 1/2-2 hours and I completey burnt up my first batch. I now bake for only 1 hour although I think 45 min. should be plenty.
Apr 2, 2009
Note: This was shown in the Spring Cooking School and the time was 1 1/2 hours which burned the granola. I think the time listed here is the correct time and perhaps it would be good to stir a few times in the oven.