Fruit ‘n’ Nut Bars
Here's a healthy treat that grandchildren are sure to enjoy. For convenient snacking, wrap the bars individually in plastic wrap.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups chopped almonds
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sesame seeds
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dark seedless raisins
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Press mixture firmly and evenly into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack at least 2 hours. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 330 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 131mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Fruit 'N' Nut Bars in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook