Fruit ‘N’ Feta Tossed Salad
This is an adaptation of a salad I tasted at a restaurant. The combination of cheese and apples is delicious. I came up with the dressing recipe, which has a fruity flavor and creamy texture. —Debbie Blackburn, Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- CREAMY RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 Red Delicious apples, chopped
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Strain raspberries, reserving juice; discard seeds and pulp. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, vinegar, tarragon and raspberry juice until smooth. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, carrot and apples. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 94 calories, 2g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Fruit 'N' Feta Tossed Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2003