Fruit ‘n’ Feta Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, apple, grapes, cranberries, onions and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 134 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Dec 28, 2011
I make this recipe every time I have guests over. It is always a hit! The flavors are great together.
Apr 13, 2010
We liked this recipe, however I added a litle sugar to the dressing. The salad ingredients blended together and was quite different from the ordinary spinach salad. We will have it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.