Fruit ‘n’ Cheese Salad
Sweet dressing, tart grapefruit sections, toasted walnuts and pungent blue cheese come together in this unusual salad from Fred Peterson of Peterson's Groves and Nursery in Vero Beach, Florida. The recipe showcases one of the citrus fruits he and his brother, Ed, grow in Indian River County.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 to 10 cups torn salad greens
- 3 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, optional
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, fruit, cheese, onion and nuts if desired. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, honey, mustard and salt if desired. Pour over salad; toss to coat.