Fruit ‘n’ Cheese Medley
Shared by Romaine Wetzel in Ronks, Pennsylvania, this refreshing salad is loaded with grapes, pineapple and cheese. “What’s more, it’s pretty and goes together in just minutes on a hectic night,” Romaine adds. TIP: For a delightful main dish, add a cup of cooked diced ham, suggests Romaine.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Drain pineapple, reserving 4 teaspoons juice. In a bowl, combine the pineapple, lettuce, grapes and cheese. Divide between two salad plates. Combine the sour cream and reserved pineapple juice; spoon over salads.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 156 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Fruit 'N' Cheese Medley in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006