Fruit ‘n’ Cheese Kabobs with Strawberry Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
Makes2 kabobs and 1/2 cup dip
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 4 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 inch each)
- 4 cantaloupe balls
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, chopped strawberries, jam, honey, lemon juice and peel until combined. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- On two skewers, alternately thread the strawberries, cheese cubes and cantaloupe. Serve with dip.
Nutrition Facts1 kabob with 1/4 cup dip: 268 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Jun 30, 2014
Great 4th of July appetizer.
Jun 8, 2014
Beautiful presentation. I substituted apples and pears for the cantaloupe; and an Irish cheddar cheese for the mozzarella cheese. We enjoyed it with a glass of mint tea.
Aug 25, 2011
Made this for one of our picnics... he loved it!So I am making it again tonight for him & his Mom :) the dip is great with the Cantelope!
Jun 17, 2011
This has been a big hit for the hot summer months for my house. I have replaced the cheese with pound cake or angelfood cake for a refreshing summertime dessert.
Jun 13, 2010
The kabobs were easy enough but my daughter said the dip tasted just like that pre-made strawberry flavored cream cheese. Next time I'll just buy that.
Jun 6, 2010
Great lunch for me and the kids!
May 13, 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.