Fruit ‘n’ Almond-Stuffed Brie
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- Assorted crackers
- In a small saucepan with high sides, combine the almonds, apricots and brandy. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until liquid is almost evaporated. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry into an 11x9-in. rectangle. Cut cheese in half horizontally; place bottom half in the center of pastry. Spread with half of the almond mixture. Top with remaining cheese and almond mixture.
- Fold pastry around cheese; trim excess dough. Pinch edges to seal. Place seam side down on ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth; add raspberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Strain and discard seeds. Transfer sauce to a small pitcher or bowl; serve with stuffed Brie and crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 397 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 22, 2019
love this recipe its a big hit with my family!
Jan 1, 2015
I use apricot jam, top with sliced almonds and wrap in crescent roll pastry...bake for 20 mins. Easy and delicious and I give it 5 starts
Jan 7, 2014
I felt the flavor was overpowered by the brandy. I won't make it again.
May 12, 2013
My guests loved this sophisticated recipe!
Dec 15, 2012
Dec 14, 2012
Well ... I'm 'old' and I just cut to the chase with this sort of thing (and it's damned good!). Purchase frozen pie crusts, defrost, insert Brie/jam and what ever floats your boat, and into the oven.Can't remember there being any 'left overs.'fae
Dec 14, 2012
Everyone loved it I myself was not too keen on the apricots, but hey it is for other people and they enjoyed it, will make again