Fruit-Glazed Roast Turkey
Apple, cranberry and raspberry flavors blend with fresh herbs in a tangy glaze for the roasted turkey. It's a welcome change to a traditional entree. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours + standing
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 turkey (14 to 16 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the first 10 ingredients in a blender; cover and process until blended. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together. Roast, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Reduce oven setting to 325°. Brush turkey with half of the glaze. Roast 1-1/2 to 2 hours longer or until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, brushing turkey with remaining glaze during the last 45 minutes. (Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- Remove turkey from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes before carving.
Nutrition Facts8 ounces cooked turkey: 563 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 246mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 72g protein.
Originally published as Mixed Fruit Glazed Herb Roast Turkey in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.