Spruce up any summer activity or party with a surprisingly easy fruit platter that's as good to look at as it is to eat! In about 30 minutes, you can make this centerpiece that'll wow guests so much, they'll all be asking for your secrets! Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Recommended: Mother’s Day Gift Guide
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Fresh strawberries
- Sliced fresh honeydew melon, pineapple and kiwi
- Seedless red grapes, halved
- Seedless red grapes
- Pretzel sticks
- Dried currants
- Orange slices
- Orange peel strips
- Line a large serving platter with parsley. With a small sharp knife, cut a strawberry vertically toward the cap. Repeat, cutting to form petals resembling a rose. Repeat with remaining berries.
- Using cookie cutters, cut honeydew, pineapple and kiwi into desired shapes. Decorate with grape halves as desired.
- For ants, skewer three grapes with a pretzel stick. With a small sharp knife, cut two small holes in a grape for eyes; insert currants. Arrange three pretzel sticks on the platter for legs; top with an ant body. Repeat as desired.
- Decorate platter with berry roses, fruit cutouts, ants, orange slices and peel. Yield: 1 fruit flower garden.
Originally published as Fruit Flower Garden in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p7
Reviews forFruit Flower Garden
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 22, 2009
"Looks great what is the best way to cut the pineapple and honeydew for the cookie cutters?"