Fruit-Filled White Cake Recipe
Your guests may think this dessert is too pretty to eat, but the flavorful cake, fluffy frosting and fun fruit filling will tempt them into changing their minds. A generous slice is a delightful end to any meal.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups cake flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg whites, two at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- 2. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. In a bowl, beat topping mix and milk on high speed for 4 minutes or until thickened. Combine melted chips and jam; gradually beat into topping. Set aside 1 cup for filling. Cover and chill remaining mixture for 20 minutes or until it reaches spreading consistency.
- 4. Add pineapple and strawberries to reserved filling. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with fruit mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with chilled topping. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 slice: 433 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Fruit-Filled White Cake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC