Fruit-Filled Raspberry Ring Recipe
People love this fruity gelatin ring that gets extra flavor from an ambrosia-like mixture in the center. I've been bringing it to potlucks, buffets and showers for 20 years. While it looks like you fussed, it's easy to make the night before a special occasion. -Janice Steinmetz, Somers, Connecticut
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 quart raspberry sherbet
- 1 can (14 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in sherbet until melted. Pour into an 8-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Chill overnight or until firm.
- 2. In another large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, coconut, marshmallows and sour cream. Cover and chill. To serve, unmold gelatin onto a serving plate. Spoon fruit mixture into center of ring. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 each: 180 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fruit-Filled Raspberry Ring
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2012
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC