Fruit Drop Candies
Make a quick tropical treat by mixing dried fruits--papaya, pineapple, apricots, raisins and apples--with melted white chocolate.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped slivered almonds
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in the fruit and almonds until well coated.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into 16 mounds onto a waxed paper-lined pan. Chill until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 348 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as White Chocolate Fruit Drops in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005