VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries, blackberries or blueberries
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 8 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, milk and oil. Combine flour and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, heat marmalade until melted; remove from the heat. Fold in berries and sugar substitute; set aside. In a small bowl, combine sour cream and cinnamon; set aside.
- Heat an 8-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; add 2 tablespoons batter. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry and bottom is light brown. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Spread each crepe with 1 tablespoon sour cream mixture; roll up and place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spoon fruit mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Crepes in Country Woman September/October 2000, p37