Fruit Cream Salad
“My son calls this great-tasting fruit salad 'awesome,' and it was an instant hit with my family. I love that it's virtually fat-free and a big hit at brunches and potlucks!” -Sheila Eggert of Elgin, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 2 medium apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Kiwifruit wedges, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, pudding mix and orange juice concentrate on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir in yogurt. Fold in the pineapple, oranges, peaches and apples. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, fold in bananas. Garnish with kiwi if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 163 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Orange Cream Fruit Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2008