Fruit & Cream Layered Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes13 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and extract until smooth. Add yogurt; beat until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer the peaches, strawberries and blueberries. Top with half of the whipped topping mixture. Layer with grapes, oranges and remaining whipped topping mixture. Refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with almonds just before serving. Garnish with strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 124 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 10, 2012
I took this to a summer garden party and it was a big hit.I only put the cream in the seconed layer...bringing the rest with me so others could add more if they choose to. The topping ended up also being used on another person's cobbler dish (it was yummy).Peaches were not in season so I used canned and they were good.
Dec 23, 2010
Excellent! I am always asked for the recipe whenever I serve this. I have changed it slightly, adding marionberries, raspberries and blackberries. Still delicious!