Whether you prepare this fruit dish for brunch, offer it as an appetizer or top it with a dollop of whipped cream for a light dessert, your guests will be happy. It's brimming with color and flavor and is especially welcoming during wintertime.
Recommended: Summer Fruit Desserts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- Drain pineapple and oranges, reserving juice; set fruit aside. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine tapioca and reserved juices; let stand for 5 minutes. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until clear and thickened, stirring several times. Stir in orange juice concentrate.
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges, grapes and peaches. Add tapioca mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, stir in the raspberries and banana. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Compote in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p27
Reviews forFruit Compote
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2011
"classy, delicious and pretty"