Fruit Cocktail Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and eggs. Add fruit cocktail and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with coconut and walnuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a saucepan, bring sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Remove from the heat; add vanilla and mix well. Drizzle over cake. Cool. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 161 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fruit Cocktail Bars
"I've been making this recipe for years....my kids are grown now,,but they ate this SO fast!"
"easy and so tasty!"
"I had made this recipe before & they were really good! Thank you for submitting this recipe to Taste of Home! DELowenstein"
"These were very good. Will be making them again!"