- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs until blended. Beat in fruit cocktail and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture until well blended.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with coconut and walnuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, butter and milk to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Drizzle over cake. Cool. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forFruit Cocktail Bars
"I've been making this recipe for years....my kids are grown now,,but they ate this SO fast!"
"easy and so tasty!"
"I had made this recipe before & they were really good! Thank you for submitting this recipe to Taste of Home! DELowenstein"
"These were very good. Will be making them again!"