- 2-1/2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries or fruit of your choice
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup Master Baking Mix
- Thaw and chop fruit if necessary. In a saucepan, combine the fruit, 3/4 cup water, 1 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons butter. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture begins to simmer and butter is melted. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine baking mix and remaining sugar. Melt remaining butter. Stir butter and remaining water into dry ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Spoon fruit mixture over batter. Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until cake tests done. Serve warm.