Fruit Bread Twists
"My husband loves this fruit-filled bread, so I fix it for him often," shares Sandra Hessler of Caro, Michigan. It's easy to prepare with frozen white and wheat bread dough, yet it's lovely enough for a special occasion.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen white bread dough, thawed
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen whole wheat bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (8 ounces) mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cut each loaf of bread dough in half lengthwise. Roll each portion into an 18x5-in. rectangle. Brush lightly with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle with fruit. Roll up each rectangle, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- For each loaf, twist one white and one wheat rope together, pinching ends to seal. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover with plastic wrap coated with cooking spray; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 159 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.