Fruit and Nut Trail Mix
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, quartered
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- Coat a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg white and water on high speed for 1 minute or until frothy; fold into fruit mixture.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 203 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 25, 2009
I agree with myrtrose, I would want more than 1/3 cup of this. I would leave out the salt and the sugar, as the cashews are salted, and the dried fruit is very sweet. Also I don't see the reason to use an egg white, so I would omit the egg white.
Sep 24, 2009
Sorry but dried fruits are a huge No for a diabetic...plus look at the serving size. I know I'd want alot more than 1/3 cup, which would make this a very unhealthy snack! Diabetics have to watch fat and sodium too.