Fruit and Nut Trail Mix Medley
This mouth-watering mix is filled with nutrition and flavor. Whether out enjoying the outdoors or gathered inside with friends, this munchable medley will hit the spot.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, quartered
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 1/2 cup salted cashew halves
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- Coat a foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. In a small bowl, beat egg white and water on high speed for 1 minute or until frothy; fold into fruit mixture.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely. Store in a Ziploc® Brand Container with Snap ‘n Seal® Lid.
Originally published as Fruit and Nut Mix in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.