Fruit 'n' Spinach Salad Recipe
A hint of ginger in the dressing accents this delightful salad from field editor Rebecca Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah.
- 1 pound fresh spinach, torn
- 4 cups whole strawberries, sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- GINGER SALAD DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. Arrange spinach and fruit on salad plates. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salads; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 189 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Spinach Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC