- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup cashew halves
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 cups assorted bite-size dried fruit (raisins, apricots, dates, apples, bananas)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, lightly toast sunflower kernels in butter; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, lightly toast oats in oil. Add the sunflower kernels, cashews, almonds and sesame seeds. Combine the brown sugar, honey and cinnamon; add to oat mixture. Cook and stir for 5 minutes. Spread in two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 5 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Stir in dried fruit. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 10 cups.
Reviews forFruit 'n' Nut Trail Mix
"easy and excellent. Made it for a bar-b-que tonight and everyone loved it. I did not use the oil with the oats. I had extra butter from the sunflower seeds and used that. Excellent!!!"
"First time making it and it turned out great. I did double the honey mixture and added a few different ingredients.Very easy and yummy"