"My family really enjoys these pretty mini loaves - every slice is loaded with fruit and nuts," jots Judi Oudekerk from Buffalo, Minnesota. "You can substitute dates for the dried apricots for a change of pace...or use red and green maraschino cherries at Christmas for added color."
Recommended: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dried apricots or dates, halved
- 16 ounces Brazil nuts
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Stir in the apricots, nuts and cherries. Beat eggs and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon into eight greased and floured 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans (pans will be full).
- Bake at 325° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pans to wire racks. Cool completely before slicing. Yield: 8 mini loaves (6 slices each).
Originally published as Fruit 'n' Nut Mini Loaves in Country Woman January/February 1999, p40
Reviews forFruit 'n' Nut Mini Loaves
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2009
"we loved this recipe. i subed splelnda for sugar and added raisins with the apricots and red and green cherries this made a great fruit cake for our taste but left out the nuts."