Fruit 'n' Nut Cookies Recipe
Once after making a fruit cake, I had some fruit and nuts left over. I mixed them into a basic cookie dough along with pineapple and coconut. These soft, colorful cookies are a nice addition to a Christmas dessert tray.
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped red maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped green maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients. Shape into three 10-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
2 each: 165 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Nut Cookies
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC