Fruit 'N' Feta Tossed Salad Recipe
- CREAMY RASPBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 9 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 Red Delicious apples, chopped
- 1 Golden Delicious apple, chopped
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Strain raspberries, reserving juice; discard seeds and pulp. In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, vinegar, tarragon and raspberry juice until smooth. In a large bowl, toss the salad greens, carrot and apples. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve with dressing. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 94 calories, 2g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Fruit 'N' Feta Tossed Salad
"The dressing is soooood - love it and the salad is so good with the combination of the apples and the feta - just drooling thinking about it."