Fruit 'n' Cheese Kabobs with Strawberry Dip Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 6 fresh strawberries
- 4 cubes part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 inch each)
- 4 cantaloupe balls
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, chopped strawberries, jam, honey, lemon juice and peel until combined. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. On two skewers, alternately thread the strawberries, cheese cubes and cantaloupe. Serve with dip. Yield: 2 kabobs and 1/2 cup dip.
1 kabob with 1/4 cup dip: 268 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Fruit 'n' Cheese Kabobs with Strawberry Dip
"Great 4th of July appetizer."
"Beautiful presentation. I substituted apples and pears for the cantaloupe; and an Irish cheddar cheese for the mozzarella cheese. We enjoyed it with a glass of mint tea."
"Made this for one of our picnics... he loved it!So I am making it again tonight for him & his Mom :) the dip is great with the Cantelope!"
"The kabobs were easy enough but my daughter said the dip tasted just like that pre-made strawberry flavored cream cheese. Next time I'll just buy that."
"Great lunch for me and the kids!"