With big handfuls of dried apricots and cherries, almonds and pistachios, we make dozens of no-bake treats you can take anywhere. —Donna Pochoday-Stelmach, Morristown, New Jersey
Featured In: 26 Favorite Camping Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-3/4 cups sliced almonds, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups finely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup finely chopped dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios, toasted
- Place 1-1/4 cups almonds in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Remove almonds to a shallow bowl; reserve for coating.
- Add remaining 2-1/2 cups almonds to food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add extract. While processing, gradually add honey. Remove to a large bowl; stir in apricots and cherries. Divide mixture into six portions; shape each into a 1/2-in.-thick roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut rolls into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Roll half of the pieces in reserved almonds, pressing gently to adhere. Roll remaining half in pistachios. If desired, wrap individually in waxed paper, twisting ends to close. Store in airtight containers, layered between waxed paper if unwrapped. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Fruit & Almond Bites in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Reviews forFruit & Almond Bites
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2016