These fruit tarts are so refreshing on a hot summer day! They are extremely healthy and convenient, and just a few ingredients means they're easy to make, too. —Bethany DiCarlo, Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Featured In: 36 Allergy-Free Treats For Kids
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Halved lemon slices, optional
- Line eight muffin cups with paper liners. Puree watermelon in a food processor; divide among prepared cups. Freeze 1 hour.
- Mix yogurt, honey, lemon peel and lemon juice; spoon over watermelon layer. Sprinkle with almonds. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour. If desired, top with lemon slices before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Watermelon Lemon Cream Tarts in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p234
Reviews forFrozen Watermelon Lemon Cream Tarts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 30, 2017
"Worst dessert I've ever eaten! I was so embarrassed when I served these nasty tasting things to our guests because they couldn't eat them. If I could, I would not even give this recipe one star."