Java fans will jump for this frosty mocha dessert. Because it requires time to freeze, it’s a great make-ahead option. —April Harmon, Greeneville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 4 teaspoons rum
- 1 package (3 ounces) soft ladyfingers, split
- 2 quarts coffee ice cream, softened
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- Additional bittersweet chocolate, grated
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap, letting edges hang over sides; set aside. In a small bowl, combine coffee and rum; brush over ladyfingers. Arrange ladyfingers over bottom and around sides of prepared pan, rounded sides out.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and chocolate; spread into pan. Freeze overnight or until firm.
- For sauce, in a small bowl, combine cheese, liqueur and sugar. Stir in cream until smooth.
- To serve, unmold dessert, using ends of plastic wrap to lift from pan. Remove plastic. Cut into slices. Serve with sauce and garnish with additional grated chocolate.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was prepared with Alessi brand ladyfinger cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 slice with 3 tablespoons sauce (calculated without additional chocolate) : 348 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Frozen Tiramisu in Country Woman Christmas 2011