Frozen Tiramisu Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 5 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed and divided
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao, optional
- Dissolve coffee granules in hot water. Cool to room temperature; set aside.
- Meanwhile, line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. springform pan with ladyfingers. Set aside 1/4 cup crushed candy for topping. Stir coffee mixture and remaining crushed candy into ice cream. Spoon into prepared pan. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in creme de cacao if desired. Spread over ice cream. Sprinkle with reserved candy. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 314 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 31, 2014
Yum!! Yum!! Will not disappoint! Note to bflogal77- if you think you'll miss the Mascarpone-there is another recipe on the TOH website that does incorporate it (listed as Frozen Tiramisu).
Mar 30, 2014
It was good, but nothing can be accurately called Tiramisu without the addition of Mascarpone . I am going to work with this recipe and see how i can introduce it.