Frozen Strawberry Shortbread Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Crumble the baked pecan mixture; set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Sprinkle the remaining mixture into an 8-in. square dish.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice until blended. Fold in whipped cream. Spread evenly into dish. Sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 352 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Strawberry Shortbread Dessert
"Had a great flavor--especially the crust. The problem was how solid it was. Guests could not hardly cut through the dessert. It msde it very difficult to eat. Perhaps because I used fresh strawberries and cut them thin? Not sure. I won't be making it again. dessert for Easter dinner was a let down."
"Great tangy strawberry dessert, also good with a graham wafer crust."
"LOVED IT. easy to make. You can also put the leftovers back in the freezer to store for another time. If there are any leftovers. : )"
"Definitely a crowd pleaser!"
"Substitued 2 cups of frozen whole unsweetened raspberries, well drained after thawing, instead and reduced the sugar to 1/2 a cup. Not bad, but next time will try the strawberries and maybe reduce the sugar as it seems a lot!"
"This recipe is easy, affordable, and delicious. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing"
"We loved this-it was easy and could be made ahead of time and was so pretty. Thanks."