Light and refreshing, here's a dessert created with busy holiday hostesses in mind. It's easy, lovely, serves a crowd and can be made days ahead for convenience.
Recommended: 55 of Our Favorite Berry Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 32 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream or frozen vanilla yogurt, slightly softened
- 2 pints raspberry sherbet
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint leaves and fresh raspberries, optional
- In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Carefully spread hot fudge topping over the crust. Spoon ice cream over topping; spread evenly. Spread raspberry sherbet over ice cream; swirl gently. Top with whipped topping. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with mint and raspberries if desired. Cut into squares. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Raspberry Delight in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p47