Frozen Raspberry Delight
Light and refreshing, here's a dessert created with busy holiday hostesses in mind. It's easy, lovely, serves a crowd and can be made days ahead for convenience.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 32 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream or frozen vanilla yogurt, softened
- 2 pints raspberry sherbet
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh mint leaves and fresh raspberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Carefully spread hot fudge topping over the crust. Spread ice cream evenly over topping. Spread raspberry sherbet over ice cream; swirl gently. Top with whipped topping. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with mint and raspberries if desired. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 385 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Frozen Raspberry Delight in Country Woman Christmas 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.