Frozen Pistachio Dessert with Raspberry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant pistachio pudding mix
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- In a small bowl, combine the wafers, finely chopped pistachios and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the pudding.
- Set aside 3/4 cup whipped topping for garnish; fold remaining whipped topping into cream cheese mixture. Pour filling over crust. Freeze for 5 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining whipped topping.
- For sauce, place the raspberries, sugar and liqueur in a food processor. Cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Strain and discard seeds and pulp. Refrigerate until serving.
- Remove dessert from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with chopped pistachios and remaining whipped topping. Serve with sauce.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 214 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Jun 17, 2018
Very flavorful, if you don’t know it’s a “light” recipe, you won’t be able to tell by the taste!! This is a keeper!!
Dec 5, 2014
This was yummy! I didn't get around to making the raspberry sauce but nobody missed it. Will definitely make the sauce next time.
Nov 28, 2014
Excellent dessert! I used the full 8oz of cream cheese. The sauce really makes this delicious and any leftover can be used on ice cream sundaes.
May 6, 2010
My family loved this dessert. The raspberry sauce was good but time consuming. We had a lot leftover but it's good on ice cream etc. I'll definitely make it again.
Apr 27, 2010
Light, refreshing and delicious! I thought the raspberry sauce was a nice addition, adding a little tartness to the sweetness; however, my husband preferred it without the sauce. Definitely a repeat at our house!
Apr 1, 2010
Lots of compliments. Used the full 8 oz. cream cheese, substituted raspberry liqueur for the orange in the sauce. The dessert is good-with the sauce it is exceptional
Mar 19, 2010
I was pleasantly surprized at how well this dessert was. The raspberry sauce with liquir was a great hit with co-workers
Mar 18, 2010
I made this for St. Patty's day and everyone loved it!! All the men had 2 pieces. I used shortbread cookie crumbs instead and had to use walnuts because I couldn't find pistachios at either supermarket I went to. I also used all 8 oz. of cream cheese. I also didn't strain the raspberry sauce in one dish and did in the other. Everyone preferred the unstrained sauce. I took it out of the freezer 1/2 hr. before serving and it was much easier to cut and plate.
Mar 18, 2010
I made it for St, Patty's Day and my husband really enjoyed it and my neighbor too. It was refreshing..and easy to make. They loved the crust..I want to make it for Easter to share with family members. Thanks.rmeb63
Mar 18, 2010
My husband thought this was an excellent dessert. I found it a little disappointing, considering all that was done to prepare it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.