Zesty pineapple and crunchy granola make this icy cold treat perfect for those too-hot-to-move days of summer. Dorothy LaCombe in Hamburg, New York shared the recipe.
Recommended: Our Favorite Ice Cream Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup pineapple sherbet, softened
- 1/2 cup granola without raisins
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the pineapple, sugar, cinnamon and reserved juice. Microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until mixture boils, stirring every 30 seconds. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place 1/4 cup sherbet in two dessert dishes; top each with about 2 tablespoons pineapple mixture and 2 tablespoons granola. Cover and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Repeat layers. Cover and freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Pineapple Parfaits in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p27
Reviews forFrozen Pineapple Parfaits
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 15, 2010
"This is excellent on a hot summer day and one my family absolutely loves. It's a keeper, for sure."