My mother made this when I was young and it's still a favorite dessert of mine on Christmas Eve. It's the perfect dessert for a big holiday dinner. —Maureen Collop, Bothell, Washington
Recommended: Hot Chocolate Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 11x7-in. dish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in the peppermint candy, marshmallows and walnuts. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crumbs. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Peppermint Cream in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p80